Have you checked out our new gluten-free recipe collection on PotatoGoodness.com? Simply click on the button on the homepage to view the gluten-free recipe collection and you’ll find nearly 100 recipes that are either already gluten-free, or can be made gluten-free with just a few small tweaks. In addition to our brand-new recipe for Quick & Healthy Gluten-Free Potato Lasagna, you can find recipes like Red, White & Blue Potato Salad (perfect for Fourth of July!) and Phil’s Salmon Potato Hash in the gluten-free database. Here’s one of our favorite gluten-free recipes for Potato Nachos – enjoy!
1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning blend (make sure seasoning is gluten-free)
1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese (use gluten-free cheese)
1/4 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1/4 cup sliced green onions
3 tablespoons canned diced green chiles
Salsa, guacamole and sour cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch thick wedges.
2. Place potatoes into a medium size bowl with the oil, garlic salt and Mexican seasoning. Stir well to coat potatoes with oil and seasonings.
3. Transfer to a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring several times, until crisp and golden brown.
4. Top with cheese, beans, tomatoes, olives, onions and chiles.
5. Bake for 5 minutes more to melt cheese.
6. Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
Nutrition: Cal: 308 Chol: 32mg Sodium: 659mg Fat: 16g Vitamin C 37mg Potassium: 913mg Carb: 35g Fiber: 5g Protein: 13g