At a Glance
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 pound petite Yukon Gold Potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, halved and sliced
- 3/4 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- Salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- 7 cups (1-inch pieces) green curly kale (tough ribs and stems removed)
- 1/2 cup fresh scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ounce smoked or traditional Gorgonzola cheese
Preheat oven to 450°F with rack in upper third of oven.
Toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon oil, half the shallots, salt and pepper and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes then add asparagus to baking sheet; roast for 10 minutes more or until potatoes are golden brown and tender.
Puree remaining olive oil, shallot, vinegar and yogurt in a blender or small food processor. Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
While the vegetables are cooking, place 1 inch of water in a large pot. Bring to a boil then add kale; cook for 1 minute or until kale is bright green and lightly wilted, tossing constantly with tongs. Drain excess water.
Toss kale with potatoes and scallions and top with walnuts and Gorgonzola.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Calories: 260, Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Trans Fat:0 g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 210mg, Potassium: 509mg, Carbohydrates: 29g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 9g, Vitamin A: 250%, Vitamin C: 190%, Calcium: 15%, Iron: 20%