At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: Baked
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Ready Time: 1 Hours 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 55 Minutes
This is the Winning Recipe of the May 2012 Better Homes and Garden’s Prize Tested Recipe, created by Linda Cobb of San Diego, CA. She says: “It’s a flavorful way to combine summer vegetables with mashed potatoes. I’ve served it as a vegeterian man dish as well as a hearty side with grilled meats.”
- *If requiring a gluten-free dish, be sure to check the ingredient list of the starred (*) products.
1 1/4 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and cut up
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in enough lightly salted water to cover for 20-25 minutes, until tender. Drain potatoes. Return to saucepan, mash, then spread evenly in baking dish.
- 2. In blender or small food processor, blend roasted sweet peppers until smooth. Transfer to medium bowl. Wisk in sour cream, pesto and 1/4 tsp. salt until smooth. Spread sweet pepper mixture on mashed potatoes.
- 3. In 12-inch skillet cook zucchini, summer squash, sweet peppers and onion in hot oil over medium-high until crisp-tender. Season with 1/2 tsp. salt. Spoon vegetables on roasted pepper layer. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, unocvered, about 30 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Let stand 20 minutes before surving.
Calories: 234 Fat: 14g Cholesterol:
36mg Sodium: 386mg Vitamin C: 82mg Fiber: 2.3g Protein: 9g Potassium: 511mg