At a Glance
- Potato Type: Yellow
- Prep Method: Baked
- Special Requests: Gluten Free
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 1
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
- 6 oz. yellow potato, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- Dash each salt and black pepper
- One 1/2-oz. slice Canadian bacon
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- 1 tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Lay potato slices on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
3. Flip potato slices. Bake until tender and lightly browned, about 10 more minutes.
4. Meanwhile, fill a medium pot with 3 inches of water. Add vinegar, and bring to a low boil.
5. Transfer potato slices to a plate, and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
6. Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook Canadian bacon until slightly browned and crisp, about 1 minute per side.
7. Place Canadian bacon over potato slices. Add spinach to the skillet, and cook and stir until just wilted, about 1 minute. Place over Canadian bacon, and re-cover to keep warm.
8. Crack egg into a small bowl. Reduce heat on the boiling water to low, and give the water a stir. Immediately and gently add egg to the water, and cook until egg white is mostly opaque, 3 – 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer egg to a layer of paper towels to soak up any excess water.
9. To make the sauce, place butter in a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave until melted, about 5 seconds. Add mayo, lemon juice, and 1 tsp. water. Stir until uniform.
10. Lay poached egg over the spinach, top with sauce, and enjoy!
Calories: 285 Fat: 10.5g Sodium: 550mg Carbohydrates: 34g Fiber: 5g Protein: 14g