Learn How to Cook Roasted Potatoes
Simple Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- 2 lbs. red, yellow and purple potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prep a large pan with parchment paper
- Scrub potatoes and cut into bite-size wedges. In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the potatoes into one layer on your baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes until browned and tender when pierced with a fork. Serve while hot.
Favorite Roasted Potatoes Recipes:
- Make garlic & rosemary herb roasted potatoes
- Bake crispy roasted potato wedges
- Roast potatoes with bacon and parmesan
- Pesto roasted potatoes and green beans
- Loaded Sheet Pan Roasted Potatoes
1. Make Garlic & Rosemary Herb Roasted Potatoes
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450ºF and place a rack in the upper third of the oven.
- Toss potatoes in a large roasting pan with oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes, turning occasionally with a metal spatula, until golden brown and tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
2. Baked Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- 3 russet potatoes cleaned and thinly sliced
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thyme sprigs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and lightly spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and stir in the olive oil and garlic. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the potatoes using a mandoline or food processor. Arrange the slices vertically and pour over the butter mixture. Generously season with salt and pepper and place a few sprigs of thyme over top.
- Place the dish on a baking tray and cover loosely with foil. Bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on the edges.
3. Roast Potatoes with Bacon and Parmesan
- 6 large Russet Potatoes (skin on)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons melted butter
- Kosher salt & pepper (season well)
- 4 slices of crispy bacon (reserve drippings)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Scrub the russet potatoes. Depending on the size of your potato, cut your each one into 6-10 similar sized chunks. In a large bowl, toss your potatoes and onions with the olive oil, butter, salt and pepper and if you have some reserved bacon grease, throw that in as well. If you make the bacon after you pop the potatoes in, add the drippings to them after you do so. Scrape the potato mixture into a baking dish where the potatoes are not overcrowded and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, gently toss them around. After 25-30 minutes, gently toss them around and see if they are tender and crispy. If so remove from the oven. If not, continue roasting until they are.
- Gently toss in your Parmesan cheese and serve.
4. Pesto Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 8 oz. fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, green beans, pesto, garlic and salt and pepper. Mix carefully making sure all of the veggies are well coated.
- Spread the potatoes and green beans out onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring the mixture once halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
5. Loaded Sheet Pan Roasted Potatoes
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive or grapeseed oil
- Kosher salt & pepper
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 8 crispy strips of bacon
- ⅓ cup chopped scallions
- Ranch dressing
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Wash your potatoes. Cut into small bite-sized pieces and place them on a baking sheet.
- Toss potatoes with oil, season well with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing midway.
- Once potatoes are done to your liking, pull them out, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and place back into the oven for a few minutes until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with bacon and scallions. Drizzle with Ranch dressing and enjoy!
If you’re looking for other ways to prepare potatoes, please check out our how to cook potatoes page.