National School Lunch Week 2019
There was a large potato inspired playlist this year for National School Lunch Week! The soundtrack spotlighted the wide variety of flavors, dishes, delivery options and tastes for students and served a plethora of potato dishes to satisfy their students. Did your school serve a delicious potato dish during National School Lunch Week! Tag us on Facebook to share your photos @PotatoesRaiseTheBar
1. Celebrating #NSLW2019 the Louisiana way at Live Oak High School in Livingston Parish Public Schools created “Post Malone Potato Salad”.
2. Irving ISD Food & Nutrition Services featured “Fan Favorites” with seasoned potato wedges.
3. Westover Elementary School in Henderson County, TN. Eating around the world with diced potatoes
4. Using Washington roasted red potatoes and carrots, Sedro-Woolley School District made this delicious fall-inspired treat for the students.
5. Greenville County Schools Food and Nutrition Services served roasted turkey with gravy or beef meatloaf with homestyle mashed potatoes, “possibly the world’s greatest school lunch, to be served in all grade levels” according to Chef Joe Urban. They also served Alaskan pollock fish & chips served in all schools too!
6. Montague Area Public Schools students prepare beautiful potatoes from Scholl Country Farms for the Re-Generation Harvest Dinner in Whitehall, Michigan during NSLW.
7. Classic Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes keep students in Bayfield School District (WI) warm and nourished according to their foodservice director.
8. North Myrtle Beach Christian School served creamy mashed potatoes with home-style gravy, sweet corn and bite-sized crispy chicken layered together and topped with shredded cheddar cheese called their Smash Bowl.