Delicious Whipped Potato Mousse surrounded by a thin and crispy layer of potato drizzled with fresh herbs, shallots and a tart vinaigrette these are sure to be a hit at any party.
1. Make salsa verde (vinaigrette) by mincing shallots and combining them with the sherry vinegar, salt, oil and cilantro stirring to combine. (It works fine as a broken vinaigrette. If needed, season with more salt and pepper to taste.
2. Fry potato cannoli. Heat fryer to 350F. Using a taco frying basket and metal cannoli molds, spray each mold with nonstick spray and then wrap potato slices around mold and set into taco basket pinning seam against the side. Fry cannoli until fully cooked and lightly brown (like a potato chip) and then remove and drain. Cool slightly and then carefully slide the cannoli off the steel mold. Repeat as needed.
3. Prepare the filling. Make the instant masked potatoes by adding butter and salt to the boiling water. Remove from heat and add the milk. Stir in the instant potatoes gently adding the parmesan cheese and nutmeg. Let stand until moist and creamy. Stir in additional hot water or milk for creamier mashed potatoes.
4. Place filling in pastry bag to facilitate piping into the cannoli. Fill each cannoli and set aside keeping warm. Work quickly as if your filling is too moist it will soften the potato cannoli after a few minutes.
5. Plate cannoli. Lay cannoli on side and spoon a little vinaigrette over top or stand and do the same. (I like to garnish with freshly ground black pepper, flaked salt and some shaved parmesan cheese.
These potato cannoli are a great vehicle for appetizers. Could be filled with many different mashed potato flavors or combinations. For example, fold lobster into mashed potatoes.
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below
Please Note: You have clicked on a link to a website maintained by a third party and are about to leave the Potatoes USA website. The external link should not be considered an endorsement by Potatoes USA of the third party website or the company or organization that owns it, and Potatoes USA is not responsible for the accuracy or nature of the content of the linked website.
Click ‘OK’ to continue, or ‘Cancel’ to return to PotatoGoodness.com.OK Cancel