Potato Salad with Parsnips and Edamame
Ready Time: 35min
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 30min
Potato Type: Reds
This Potato Salad Recipe with Parsnips and Edamame excerpted from the book THE GREEK YOGURT KITCHEN: More than 130 Delicious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Day by Toby Amidor MS, RD, CDN. Copyright © 2014 by Toby Amidor. Photo Copyright © Hollan Publishing. Reprinted by permission of Grand Central Life & Style. All rights reserved.
- 1 lb. medium-size red potatoes
- 8 ounces parsnips
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 medium scallions
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Prep Time: 5min | Cook Time: 30min
- Cut the potatoes into ½-inch cubes.
- Peel the parsnips and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Pour ½ cup water into a medium pot fitted with a steamer basket, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the cubed potatoes and sliced parsnips, cover the pot, and lower the heat to medium.
- Cook until the vegetables are tender, 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pot and set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Fill the same pot (without the basket) with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the edamame and lower the heat to medium.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Drain, and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled potatoes, parsnips, and edamame.
- Chop the scallions, both whites and greens.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the chopped scallions, mayonnaise, yogurt, soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add this dressing to the potatoes mixture, and mix gently to combine.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below