1. Heat vegetable oil in a 24 quart stock pot; add the onions and leeks and sweat until translucent. Add the potatoes then the stock, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to a simmer. Simmer 1 hour.
2. While simmering, warm the half and half in a sauce pot and add the toasted fennel seeds. Bring to a simmer and steep until the half and half bubbles.
3. Strain the half and half; discard fennel seeds.
4. Puree the potato soup with an immersion blender until smooth. Add the half and half, puree again. Add the yogurt, puree again. Chill if serving cold.
5. Bring back to simmer if serving hot. Top with pomegranate seeds.
Chef’s notes: Soup can be served hot or cold. Soup can be garnished with roasted/sliced purple potato croutons, pomegranate seeds, and/or crispy leeks and dollop of Greek yogurt.
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below
Please Note: You have clicked on a link to a website maintained by a third party and are about to leave the Potatoes USA website. The external link should not be considered an endorsement by Potatoes USA of the third party website or the company or organization that owns it, and Potatoes USA is not responsible for the accuracy or nature of the content of the linked website.
Click ‘OK’ to continue, or ‘Cancel’ to return to PotatoGoodness.com.OKCancel