Quick and healthy spin on the mashed potato!
- 1 1/4 lbs. Russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup each: nonfat plain yogurt and fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons healthy butter spread
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic or seasoned salt)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped, loosely packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons real bacon bits or pieces
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 10min
- Place whole potatoes (do not poke) into microwave-safe dish.
- Cover dish. (If covering dish with plastic wrap, poke small hole in plastic.)
- Microwave on HIGH for 10 to 12 minutes depending on strength of microwave.
- Use oven mitts to remove dish from microwave; carefully remove cover and mash well.
- Stir in yogurt, milk, butter spread, spinach, cheddar cheese, bacon bits or pieces, salt and pepper.
- Cook for a minute or 2 more to heat if necessary.
*Yukon Gold, yellow or white potatoes can be substituted
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below