According to Dictionary.com, a Tastemaker is “a person or thing that establishes or strongly influences what is considered to be stylish, acceptable, or worthwhile in a given sphere of interest, as the arts.” What do you get when you combine nine trend-setting Tastemakers with an endless supply of potatoes? Welcome to the our latest endeavor over at the USPB . . . Potato Tastemaker 2K10.
Consider it an online challenged based loosely on the concept behind some of your favorite food-centric reality shows. Here’s what you need to know:
- The USPB has partnered with nine rock star bloggers across the country, who have officially been deemed the “Tastemaker” Challengers.
- The Tastemaker Challengers will participate in three potato challenges over three months, each with a different theme, spanning October, November and December.
- At the onset of each challenge, the Tastemaker Challengers will receive a mystery delivery with contents intended to be used in that round of competition.
- To show off their ultimate potato innovation skills, the Tastemaker will post videos on YouTube showcasing their creation for each challenge.
- A fan favorite will be selected based on the Tastemaker who garners the highest cumulative number of YouTube ranking over the three challenges.
After the third round, all nine (YES ALL NINE!) will join the USPB at Blissdom 2010 for a final Potato Tastemaker 2K10 round LIVE where the winning Tastemaker will be crowned. All Blissdom 10 conference attendees will be invited to join in the competition and the cocktail party celebration following.
Today, we are thrilled to reveal that Challenge #1, “Potatoes Celebrate National Seafood Month,” is officially underway. The mystery delivery has been packaged and all nine boxes are en route to their Tastemaker Challengers. Soon, the challengers will be putting their potato innovation skills to the test using the box’s contents, a fresh seafood delivery from McCormick & Schmick’s , their imaginations and, of course, potatoes!
We’d like to take this opportunity to introduce you the stars of the show, in no particular order:
You can see all of their pictures along with the latest Potato happenings when you become a fan of our Facebook page!
Check back here on Mom’s Dinner Helper and keep an eye on the hashtag #tastemaker on Twitter to follow the buzz. We’ll share more details about the first challenge tomorrow!