At a Glance
- Potato Type: Gemstone, Purple, Reds, White
- Special Requests: Gluten Free, Kid Friendly
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 6
- Ready Time:
Recipe By: United States Potato Board
Created by Jill Melton, MS, RD, former senior food editor of Cooking Light, and director of communications for Food Insight. If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
- 1 pound small white potatoes (“Creamer” Fingerling or Yukon Gold)
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 12 ounces Purple Peruvian potatoes
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil, or olive oil, divided
- 2 ounces chopped ham*
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sherry or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped red or orange bell pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Cut the potatoes into 1 1/2 inch pieces (do not peel). Steam for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Heat 1 tablespoon walnut oil in a medium skillet. Add ham, walnuts, and garlic. Sauté 10 minutes. Add sherry vinegar, stir well. In a large bowl, toss ham mixture with potatoes, additional 2 tablespoons walnut oil, red pepper, green onions, salt and pepper. Serve warm or cold with grilled steak, burgers, chicken or fish.
Calories: 250 Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 260mg Vitamin C: 40% Fiber: 4g Protein: 6g Potassium: 720mg