At a Glance
- Potato Type: Purple
- Prep Method: BBQ
- Special Requests: Gluten Free, Kid Friendly, Price Per Serving
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien
Courtesy of Hungry Girl. Sign up for free daily emails at
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lb. blue/purple potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tsp. olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning. (You’ll need eight.)
2. In a medium bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Stir until uniform.
3. Place potato chunks in a large microwave-safe bowl with 2 tbsp. water. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and microwave for 2 more minutes, or until slightly softened.
4. Drain any excess liquid from potatoes. Add oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper. Toss to coat.
5. Season chicken with remaining 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper.
6. Alternately thread chicken, onion, bell pepper, and potatoes onto eight skewers.
7. Spray a grill with nonstick spray, and bring to medium-high heat. Grill kebabs for 5 minutes with the grill cover down.
8. Flip kebabs. With the grill cover down, grill for 6 – 8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potato has softened. Serve with sauce and enjoy!
Serving size: 2 skewers with approx. 3 tbsp. sauce
Calories: 355 Fat: 4.5g Sodium: 645mg Carbohydrates: 42g Fiber: 4.5g Protein: 36g