At a Glance
- Potato Type: Russet
- Prep Method: Baked
- Special Requests: Kid Friendly
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 10
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien
- 8 oz. russet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp. light sour cream
- 2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- 2 wedges light spreadable Swiss cheese
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- Ten 6-inch corn tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add cubed potato, and once returned to a boil, reduce heat to medium. Cook until very tender, 10 – 15 minutes.
3. Drain and transfer potato to a large bowl. Add sour cream, butter, cheese wedges, garlic powder, pepper, and 1/4 tsp. salt. Thoroughly mash and mix.
4. Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion until softened and lightly browned, 8 – 10 minutes.
5. Stir cooked onion into potato mixture.
6. Place tortillas between 2 damp paper towels. Microwave for 1 minute, or until warm and pliable.
7. One at a time, spread each tortilla with 1/10th of potato mixture, about 2 tablespoons; tightly roll up into a tube, place on the baking sheet, seam side down, and secure with toothpicks if needed.
8. Spray taquitos with nonstick spray, and sprinkle with remaining 1/8 tsp. salt. Bake until crispy, 18 – 20 minutes. (Don’t worry if they crack a little.) Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 taquito
Calories: 99 Fat: 2g Sodium: 158mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 1.5g Protein: 2g