Learn How to Cook Au Gratin Potatoes
Au Gratin Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Peel your potatoes and slice very thin slices either with a knife or mandolin. You can also use a food processor to do this.
- Grease your baking dish with butter.
- Now start laying the potatoes into the dish. After each layer, season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour the Half & Half mixture over the layered potatoes, push down to immerse all the potatoes in the cream.
- Bake at 425°F for 50-60 minutes covered with foil, until potatoes are cooked (test with the tip of sharp knife).
- Then take foil off and bake for 10-20 minutes until golden on top.
Click for the full recipe, for the video and for more Au Gratin recipes.
If you’re looking for other ways to prepare potatoes, please check out our how to cook potatoes page.