At a Glance
- Potato Type: White
- Prep Method: Baked
- Special Requests: Kid Friendly
- Cuisine: American
- Yield: 6
- Prep Time:
- Ready Time:
- Cook Time:
Recipe By: Hungry Girl Lisa Lillien
- 1 1/4 lbs. extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute or egg whites
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 20 oz. (about 3 medium) white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 1/2 tbsp. light sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- Optional seasoning: black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, or spray it with nonstick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine all meatloaf ingredients. Thoroughly mix.
3. Evenly distribute meatloaf mixture among the muffin cups, and smooth out the tops with the back of a spoon. Bake until firm and cooked through with lightly browned edges, 20 – 25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes, and once returned to a boil, reduce heat to medium. Cook until very tender, 15 – 20 minutes.
5. Drain and transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients for mashies except paprika. Thoroughly mash and mix.
6. Evenly top mini meatloaves with mashies, and sprinkle with paprika. Makes six servings; two cupcakes per serving. Eat up!
HG Tip! Use a piping bag to distribute the mashies. You can even create your own makeshift piping bag! Just transfer mashies to a plastic bag, and squeeze them down toward a bottom corner. Snip off that corner with scissors, creating a small hole for piping. Ta-da!
Serving Size: 2 meatloaf cupcakes.
Calories: 280 Fat: 6.5g Sodium: 485mg Carbohydrates: 29.5g Fiber: 3g Protein: 25.5g