Baked Tomatoes filled with Mashed Potatoes
Ready Time: 35min
Prep Time: 20min
Cook Time: 15min
Prep Method: BakedMashed
Recipe by: Potatoes USA
These baked tomatoes filled with cheese and mashed potatoes are the perfect appetizer for you guests.
- 3 1/2 cups Instant mashed potatoes, prepared
- 40 round tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time: 20min | Cook Time: 15min
- Prepare the mashed potatoes with ¾ of the amount of liquid indicated on the package.
- Cut a very thin slice of the bottom of each tomato so they can stand properly.
- Cut the top of the tomatoes and scoop out the pulp and seeds.
- Combine the mashed potatoes with the cheese, sour cream, nutmeg and season to taste.
- Place the mashed potatoes in a pastry bag and fill the tomatoes.
- Place them in a baking tray greased with olive oil.
- Bake at 400ºF for 15 minutes or until the mashed potatoes are slightly brown, taking care that the tomatoes keep their shape.
- Drizzle with some olive oil before serving.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below