Recipe by: Potatoes USA
This Blackened Blue Potato Salad is the right combination for a delicious and satisfying lunch or dinner.
- 1 lb. small purple potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 lb. flat iron steak
- 1 Tablespoon blackening spice
- 2 cups Vidalia onions, sliced
- 4 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 lbs. spinach, stemmed and washed
- 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- Bleu cheese dressing (optional)
- Simmer potatoes until tender, drain and cool.
- Cut potatoes in half.
- Brush cut sides with oil; grill over gas or charcoal until grill marks form.
- Coat steak with blackening spice.
- In large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil; sear steak on both sides to desired doneness. Remove steak from pan and let rest.
- Wipe out pan, heat 2 teaspoons oil. Add onions and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Sauté until soft, but not browned. Add spinach and sauté just until spinach starts to wilt.
- Mound spinach on 4 plates, dividing it equally.
- Carve steak into thin slices; arrange on top of spinach.
- Top with potatoes and sprinkle with bleu cheese.
- Serve with bleu cheese dressing on the side, if desired.
Review This Recipe
Julie Dorrell 1 month ago
This recipe istThis recipe is absolutely put my wiltened spinach salad personal recipe at a whole new high . The prep...Read Full Review