Pan Fried Fingerling Potatoes with Wild Mushroom Sauce
Ready Time: 60min
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 50min
Potato Type: Fingerling
Prep Method: Pan Fried
Fingerling potatoes and wild mushrooms mixed together with spices in a creamy sauce make this an interesting side dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes (any shape, size and color), halved lengthwise
- 2 cups sliced mixed wild mushrooms (such as small portabella, crimini or shitake)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth*
- 1/4 cup chopped dried mixed wild mushrooms (1/2 of a 1-oz. package)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche or heavy cream
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh thyme
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 50min
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. (Tenting with foil will speed up cooking.)
- Stir in fresh mushrooms, garlic and shallot; cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add broth, dried mushrooms, mustard and herbs; cook over high heat for 5 minutes or until most of the broth has cooked off.
- Stir in crème fraiche and cook for 5 minutes more. Season with pepper and fresh thyme.
If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below