1. In a 350°F oven, bake frozen tater drums/tots until crispy, approximately 25 minutes. Avoid over-crowding sheet pan to prevent soggy tots. Once cooled, shred tots by hand and reserve.
2. Add Chile Arbol, cloves, and oregano to spice grinder and process until fine. Combine with the remaining spices, salt, and pepper. Reserve.
3. To make chorizo, toss a generous amount of the spice blend with the shredded tater tots and a drizzle of canola oil. Massage the spices well into the crumbly potato.
4. Return the “potato chorizo” to a sheet tray and bake one more time until crispy for about 10-12 minutes.
5. Add more seasoning to the chorizo as needed.
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below
Please Note: You have clicked on a link to a website maintained by a third party and are about to leave the Potatoes USA website. The external link should not be considered an endorsement by Potatoes USA of the third party website or the company or organization that owns it, and Potatoes USA is not responsible for the accuracy or nature of the content of the linked website.
Click ‘OK’ to continue, or ‘Cancel’ to return to PotatoGoodness.com.OK Cancel