Potato and Eggs Bene-chick
Ready Time: 40min
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 30min
Potato Type: Yellow
Prep Method: Baked
- 6 oz. yellow potato, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Dash each salt and black pepper
- One 1/2-oz. slice Canadian bacon
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
Prep Time: 10min | Cook Time: 30min
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Lay potato slices on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip potato slices. Bake until tender and lightly browned, about 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a medium pot with 3 inches of water. Add vinegar, and bring to a low boil.
- Transfer potato slices to a plate, and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook Canadian bacon until slightly browned and crisp, about 1 minute per side.
- Place Canadian bacon over potato slices. Add spinach to the skillet, and cook and stir until just wilted, about 1 minute. Place over Canadian bacon, and re-cover to keep warm.
- Crack egg into a small bowl.
- Reduce heat on the boiling water to low, and give the water a stir.
- Immediately and gently add egg to the water, and cook until egg white is mostly opaque, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully transfer egg to a layer of paper towels to soak up any excess water.
- To make the sauce, place butter in a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave until melted, about 5 seconds. Add mayo, lemon juice, and 1 tsp. water.
- Stir until uniform.
- Lay poached egg over the spinach, top with sauce, and enjoy!
Review This Recipe
RJ 8 months ago
Hey, this recipe is delicious and I love it!
Jimmy 8 months ago