Add a little red, white and blue to your table with these festive kebabs.
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb. blue/purple potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 1 1/4 lbs. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
Prep Time: 30min | Cook Time: 20min
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes to prevent burning. (You’ll need eight.)
- In a medium bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Stir until uniform.
- Place potato chunks in a large microwave-safe bowl with 2 Tablespoons water. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Stir and microwave for 2 more minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Drain any excess liquid from potatoes. Add oil, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Season chicken with remaining 1/4 teaspoon. each salt and black pepper.
- Alternately thread chicken, onion, bell pepper, and potatoes onto eight skewers.
- Spray a grill with nonstick spray, and bring to medium-high heat. Grill kebabs for 5 minutes with the grill cover down.
- Flip kebabs. With the grill cover down, grill for 6 – 8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and potato has softened. Serve with sauce and enjoy!
Review This Recipe
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below