Tender and creamy fingerling potatoes, tossed in a sweet and slightly spicy BBQ dry rub containing smoked paprika, cumin, garlic and brown sugar. Roasted in the oven and drizzled with barbecue sauce, the perfect side dish to an outdoor get together or a wonderful vegetarian entrée.
Burnt End Potatoes
1. In a large pot add the potatoes and cover with the cold water. Add the Garlic, Salt, Thyme, and Liquid Smoke.
2. Bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer, cook the potatoes until they are just fork tender (About 30 minutes).
3. Remove from the heat, drain, and discard the lemons, garlic, and thyme. Allow the potatoes to cool slightly while the dry rub is prepared. *you will not need the whole batch of dry rub*
4. Toss the potatoes with the vegetable oil gently so they do not break up. Sprinkle the dry rub on the potatoes liberally.
5. Arrange the seasoned potatoes on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place the potatoes in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes or until they are nicely caramelized and golden. Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes before serving.
6. Place the potatoes on a serving dish and drizzle them with your favorite BBQ sauce. Garnish with chopped green onions and enjoy.
BBQ Dry Rub
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Place in an airtight container and reserve for a variety of uses.
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below
Please Note: You have clicked on a link to a website maintained by a third party and are about to leave the Potatoes USA website. The external link should not be considered an endorsement by Potatoes USA of the third party website or the company or organization that owns it, and Potatoes USA is not responsible for the accuracy or nature of the content of the linked website.
Click ‘OK’ to continue, or ‘Cancel’ to return to PotatoGoodness.com.OK Cancel