Baked Potato Wedges
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Scrub potatoes and cut each potato lengthwise into 6 wedges using a counter-top produce cutter, such as a Sunkist Sectionizer, with a 6-wedge blade.
2. Toss the potatoes with oil, chili powder, salt, black pepper and garlic powder. Place 8 pounds of potatoes on each parchment-lined sheet pan. Roast in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until they are browned and tender. CCP: Cook to a minimum internal temperature of 135°F.
3. Chill the potato wedges immediately. CCP: Cool to 70°F within 2 hours, and then to 41°F or below within 4 hours.
Samosa Chicken Dip
4. Heat a large braising pan over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil and yellow onions. Cook the onions, stirring occasionally, until softened and slightly browned. Stir in the garam masala spice blend, turmeric, salt, and cayenne pepper, and cook for about 30 seconds to bring out the flavors of the spices. Add the chicken and frozen peas. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Do not overcook. Stir in the fresh chopped cilantro. CCP: Cook to a minimum internal temperature of 135°F.
5. Chill the chicken mixture immediately. CCP: Cool to 70°F within 2 hours, and then to 41°F or below within 4 hours.
6. To make the raita (cucumber yogurt sauce), combine the yogurt, diced cucumber, cilantro, cumin, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper, and mix thoroughly. Portion the raita into 2-ounce portion cups. Chill until service. CCP: Hold cold at 41°F or below.
7. Cut 2 ounces of flatbread into triangles.
8. To assemble, use 4-compartment containers and place the following into the compartments:
– 6 chilled potato wedges
– ½ cup chilled Samosa chicken mixture
– 1 whole grain flatbread, cut into triangles
– 1 2-ounce portion cup of raita (cucumber yogurt sauce)
½ cup samosa chicken mixture, 1 whole grain flatbread, 6 potato wedges, 2 ounces raita
1 serving provides: 2 ounces meat/meat alternate, 2 ounce equivalents grains, ½ cup starchy vegetable, ¼ cup additional vegetable
How to make Garam Masala from scratch:
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions: Mix cumin, coriander, cardamom, pepper, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg in a bowl. Place mix in an airtight container, and store in a cool, dry place.
See this recipe also served hot with mashed potatoes “Potato and Chicken “Samosa” Flatbread Folds“
Be the first to review this recipe by clicking the button below
Please Note: You have clicked on a link to a website maintained by a third party and are about to leave the Potatoes USA website. The external link should not be considered an endorsement by Potatoes USA of the third party website or the company or organization that owns it, and Potatoes USA is not responsible for the accuracy or nature of the content of the linked website.
Click ‘OK’ to continue, or ‘Cancel’ to return to PotatoGoodness.com.OKCancel